Tony Mechelynck wrote:

> In languages using accented letters, the Vim spell checker doesn't recognise
> HTML entities (in HTML text): for example, the letters outside of the &...;
> entities are highlighted as "spellBad" (after ":set spell spelllang=fr") in
> the following French words:
>
> où                       meaning: où             (where)
> après                             après          (after)
> cérémonie                  cérémonie      (ceremony)
> courrouça                         courrouça      ([he] angered)
> désespéré           désespéré      (desperate)
> nécessaire                        nécessaire     (necessary)
> année                             année          (year)
>
> etc.
>
> They are perfectly valid French words, if one takes into account the
> following
> equivalences:
>
> ù = ù
> è = è
> é = é
> ç = ç
> etc.
>
> I don't know how to solve the problem; maybe an "interpretation layer" to
> resolve the entities between the HTML text and the French (or other
> non-English language) dictionary?

Well, words with HTML things in them are NOT French words.  Why don't
you use utf-8 encoded HTML?

If you really want to recognize these words, you could take the French
dictionary, do a global replace and build a spell file from that.

You'll have to check if using & and ; in the middle of a word is causing
trouble.  Adding them to word characters will probably create different
problems.

--
The Law of VIM:
For each member b of the possible behaviour space B of program P, there exists