Michael Henry wrote :

> A.J.Mechelynck wrote:
>  > Tomas Golembiovsky wrote:
>  >> vim: fdm=expr fde=feedkeys("\\:!touch\ phantom_was_here\\<cr>")
>  >>
>  >> I guess you can see the consequences. Is this known/intentional?
>  >>
>  >
>  > IIUC, feedkeys() called from sandbox should execute as if in sandbox,
>  > i.e., only (at most) key sequences acceptable in sandbox should be able
>  > to be "fed". Now this is what I think it "ought" to do. How does it
>  > "actually" behave? Did you try your example? Did it "touch" the file?

Of course I have tried it. I'm not that stupit so as to embarrass myself in
the very first e-mail (that's what second one is for ;). And what is the
key limit, I haven't noticed anything like that in the help. Also I was
able to feed about 2k keys and still did not hit the limit. And 2k of
characters is pretty much to do a lot of nasty stuff, just imagine what
small and stupid fork bomb can do here.

> I placed Tomas's modeline into a file test.txt and ran it.  On both
> Ubuntu Linux and my mac, the file phantom_was_here was created in my
> working directory, e.g.:
>
>    [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/tmp/test$ ls
>    test.txt
>    [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/tmp/test$ cat test.txt
>    vim: fdm=expr fde=feedkeys("\\:!touch\ phantom_was_here\\<cr>")
>    [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/tmp/test$ vim test.txt
>

>    Press ENTER or type command to continue
>    [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/tmp/test$ ls
>    phantom_was_here test.txt
>

> I've no idea is this is how it ought to behave.  I also can't explain
> the "Press ENTER..." prompt, but I had to press the ENTER key before Vim
> allowed me to edit the file after it already contained the modeline.

That's nothing unusual after running :! command.

--

Best regards,
    Tomas Golembiovsky

--