Benjamin Fritz wrote:
> "To disable the new editor for a single article you can use
> the special word __NOWYSIWYG__ (Note: The new editor system
> will still be loaded, but will be locked to 'source' mode.)"
>
> I imagine we could put this keyword in our TipNew,
> TipImported, and TipProposed templates as a quick way to
> mostly disable the rich text editor on our wiki, since these
> templates occur on almost every page where the rich text
> editor would cause problems.

I was thinking of collecting a bit of evidence, then seeing if
I could get the abomination disabled on the Vim Tips wiki (by
hassling Wikia staff, or possibly Angela).

I haven't got time to check at the moment, but it looks as if
the Rich Text Editor might have just stuffed up some http
references thinking that they were attempts to link to an
external web site.
http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/PHP_online_help

Also, it has stopped changing all the colons we have
(changing ":" to "<nowiki>:</nowiki>"), but now it's replacing
the space before the colon with a nonbreaking space
(so "this :command" becomes "this&#160;:command").

At any rate, Ben's suggestion might be a good workaround,
although if it works, it would only work if the whole page is
edited (the system has to see __NOWYSIWYG__ in the wikitext that
it is editing).

John