Hi Gary,

I figured it out.  I still had the downloaded files and directories within
the vim72 directory under ftplugin, I removed all those and now just have
all the files under ./vim/vimfiles.  It compiles beautifully, now I just
need to get better at LaTeX, but I should have more fun now with all the new
features that are available to me.

Thanks for all the help.

-Dave