Niels --

        What functionality are you speaking of in particular?

        For example, the F9 completion for citations will work in any macro
that contains "cite" in it. So if you do

\shortcite{

and then hit F9, you'll get the same completion window as you'd see from
doing a simple \cite.

        Or are you more interested in improving the syntax highlighting? Syntax
highlighting of TeX files is actually handled by syntax/tex.vim that is
distributed with Vim. So that's outside of the suite.

        So what's missing in your case?

[ by the way, I use natbib, which gives me \citep, \citet, \citeauthor,
\citeyear, and much more... and it makes it much easier to switch from
Harvard-style to numbered citations right from within the TeX body ]

        --Ted

Ted Pavlic <t...@tedpavlic.com>