Hi,

this seems to be a strange interaction with the IMAP-features of the
latex-suite.

I tried

:iab a (m)
:iab m [a]

Now,
a<space>  =>  (m)
a<s-space> => ([a])

Here, first a is expanded to (m) and the inner m is expanded to [a].

If one uses

let Imap_FreezeImap=1

<space> triggers no expansions, but <s-space> works correctly.

I have no clue how to fix this.

Best regards,
Gerd