At 10:30 PM 5/15/2006, you wrote:
On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 12:01:35PM -0500, Donal wrote:

> Here is my vim\myfiletypes.vim
>
> " myfiletypes.vim
> augroup filetype
> " FoxPro
> au! BufRead,BufNewFile *.prg,*.mpr,*.spr        set filetype=foxpro
> " Cold Fusion
> au BufNewFile,BufRead *.cfm,*.cfi,*.cfc setf cf
> au! BufRead,BufNewFile *.cfml,*.cfm                     set filetype=cf
> augroup END
>
> What am I doing wrong?

     My first guess is that

:au filetype BufRead

will give you the hint you need.

This is from vim70\filetype.vim:

" Clipper (or FoxPro; could also be eviews)
au BufNewFile,BufRead *.prg
        \ if exists("g:filetype_prg") |
        \   exe "setf " . g:filetype_prg |
        \ else |
        \   setf clipper |
        \ endif

And I have confirmed that clipper.vim IS the script being used. Here is a question... is myfiletypes.vim still being used, or has it been deprecated? I started using vim way back in 3.x... all I can find in the help files refers to filetypedetect and the ftdetect directory...

By searching on filetype I found a reference to myfiletypefile that mentions that myfiletypes.vim is for backward support for vim 5.x only... so it looks like it may have been recently removed. This would explain alot... I guess I better read up on using the ftdetect directory :(

---
Donal, SysAdmin of the Brewers' Witch BBS  http://www.brewich.com
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  ICQ:422928  CMA: 20639  WitchVox: 1494
Soc.Religion.Paganism (Modkinus Primus, Ret.)  news:soc.religion.paganism
Moderator: Houston Pagans Online  http://groups.yahoo.com/houstonpagansonline
Council of the Magickal Arts (Brewers Society Coord, Pooh-burbanite) http://www.magickal-arts.org
Pagans' Night Out (Founder)  http://www.paganhouston.com/pno
Everquest II: Florence Sopher (Templar & Sage) Co-Guild Leader of Helanic Frost; Lucan D'Lere server http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu My BOINC Credits: 2579.85 Avg: 29.44 ET's found: 0