While the visual mode selection is active, hitting "o" moves to the
opposite corner.  If it isn't doing that for you, I'd check for

vmap

interference.

3. Changing the Visual area                             *visual-change*

                                                        *v_o*
o                       Go to Other end of highlighted text: The current
                        cursor position becomes the start of the highlighted
                        text and the cursor is moved to the other end of the
                        highlighted text.  The highlighted area remains the
                        same.

Keep in mind that it doesn't work the same with a selection made by
the mouse, since that leaves it in "select" mode not visual mode,
which has some properties like insert mode, but in general has to be
treated differently.  Use ^G to switch visual/select modes.

On 5/17/06, Jared <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 5/17/2006 12:52 AM, Gerald Lai wrote:
>> So, my question:  is it somehow possible to be able to select the last
>> character of a line when selecting from right-to-left while using
>> selection=exclusive?
>
> The simplest work around is to hit "ol" (that's oh-el) to select that
> last character.

How exactly does this work?  When I hit o in command mode, it adds a newline
below and moves the cursor down.  If I hit o in select mode, it overtypes my
selection.  Hitting l does move the character to the right, but not if it's
on the last line.

Sorry, must've just misunderstood you.  Would you mind explaining again?

Thanks.

--
Jared