On Fri, 26 May 2006 07:58:22 -0600
"Eric Arnold" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> (I missed part of this thread, so sorry if this has already been
> mentioned).
>
> Have you checked for mode lines at the top or bottom of the files
> which set fold options?  If there aren't any which might be confusing
> you, you could consider adding your own mode lines to have the folding
> appropriate for your different files.
>
> On 5/26/06, A.J.Mechelynck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Mark Woodward wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > The problem I'm having is I'll open all folds in a buffer, switch
> > > buffers, go back to the original and all folds are closed again.
> > > Is there a way to stop this? ie Vim remembers the 'fold state' of
> > > the buffer when I return to it? So if folds were open when I left
> > > they'll be open when I return? Conversely if they were closed
> > > when I left they'll be closed when I return?
> > >

> > > Vim 7
> > > Ubuntu Dapper
> > >
> > > thanks,
> > >

> > Well, it should be possible, but I don't know how. Recently I saw
> > the following:
> >
> > Viewed one file with folds in gvim (FWIW, it was Vim 7.0.017, "huge"
> > version with GTK2 GUI, running on SuSE Linux 9.3). Opened one fold.
> > ":q" the file. Then came back to it. The one fold was still open.
> >
> > I source the vimrc_example.vim in my vimrc. (Do you?) Then if you
> > do, maybe we have different settings or autocommands? (AFAIK, I
> > have nothing folds-related in my vimrc, other than what might be
> > set by the vimrc_example.vim)
> >

> > Best regards,
> > Tony.

Thanks all,

interestingly its not doing it this morning! It might have been a
combination of factors causing this. I'll have to try and reproduce it.

Tony    - no, not sourcing vimrc_example.vim
DrChip  - I'll have to look into set hidden. Not sure how session would
          help though. This was happening during a session. ie I'd open
          a fold in a buffer of many folds, :bn to go to another buffer
          (single window, no tabs, no splits) do something, :bp to go
          back and the fold would be closed.
Gerald  - set foldlevelstart = -1
Eric    - no modelines.

thanks again,