Mun Johl wrote:
Hi Eric,

Please see my comments below.

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 03:22 PM PDT, Eric Arnold wrote:
EA> Ok.  So we know three things:
EA> EA> The incremental search feature
EA>  + the gvim/gui input method
EA>  + the statusline
EA> EA> It would be interesting to try: EA> EA> :feedkeys( "/3\<CR>", "t")

I'll look into this further over the weekend, but when I tried to
execute the :feedkeys command you suggested, I receive E492:

E492: Not an editor command: feedkeys(...)

EA> ^R=some expression

I don't understand what you want me to try with the ^R command above.

feedkeys is not a command, it's a function. Try either

   :call feedkeys(...etc...)

or

   :echo feedkeys(...etc...)

In Insert or Command-line mode, Ctrl-R followed by an equal sign and an expression (then Enter) enters the value obtained by evaluating the expression.