I found that it would be more satisfying to the user
if :match and :syn had additional attribute, 'priority=',
so that user could control what has higher prio and what
has higher prio.

I find current rules of assigning priorities ad hoc and too
user-uncontrollable. For :match, they are fixed and not changeable.
For :syn match(syn keyword etc), they depend on the order of
execution and on something that I don't even know.

In one specific case, I see that ':set list' suppresses ':match'.
This is not user controllable. I'd prefer that by 'priority=N' in
:match I could say whether it tops ':set list' or not, and that
I could do it for :syn match, too.

Thanks