Hi!

I would position the cursor on the line you want to copy and do

0v$y

0: move the cursor to the beginning of the line
v: start visual mode
$: move the cursor to the end of the line
y: yank the selection

Best wishes,
Georg

--- Meino Christian Cramer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I am using vim 7.0.42 on a Linux system.
>
>  I want copy a complete line of text *without+ the final LF at the
>  end, so it is possible to insert it elsewhere in the midth of text.
>
>  With
>
>               Shift-V
>
>  I get the line *with* the LF at the end -- so I can not use that.
>
>  With
>
>               y/<last character of the line><RET>
>
>  I get the line without the LF but the last character is also missing.
>
>  With
>
>         y/$<RET>
>
>  I get the line without the LF but the last character is missing again.
>

>          :set selection<RET>
>

>  gives me the default ("inclusive").
>

>  What did I wrong ?
>
>  Kind regards,
>  mcc

All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease
of use." - PC Magazine
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html