Jerin Joy wrote:,

I have a lot of source code distributed over a directory hierarchy
structure. I always need to find class declarations, instances where
variables are set etc. Usually I just go to command line and run
something like
find . -name "*.vr" -print | xargs grep 'class foo'

Isn't there an easier way to do this in vim? I can't use cscope since
the source is not in C.

Read   :help netrw-starstarpat  :

  :Explore **//class foo

for example. You'll be presented with an netrw browser display in each subdirectory with matching files and the cursor on the first file that matches. Use shift-up and shift-down to move the cursor to previous or subsequent files with matches. Hit the <cr> when your
cursor is on an "interesting" file to select and edit it.

Regards,
Chip Campbell