Akria Sheng wrote:
I have got one error to crash vim.
It happened when meet the following condition:
   A. must in Linux(solaris and winxp is OK)
   B. vim7.0(6.4 is ok)
   C. open one huge file(exceed 368710 bytes) then type ":sp ./"

   In general, it will split one window to show the filebrowse.
   But Vim will crash.
   I don't know how to avoid this crash.

   There are two appendixed report file:
http://www.nabble.com/user-files/235811/bugreport.txt bugreport.txt http://www.nabble.com/user-files/235812/buginfo.txt buginfo.txt

Do you see it every time? On this Linux box I have here one Vim session with a file of more than a million /lines/, 33.6 MB (almost 100 times as big as yours: a modified version of Unihan.txt from the Unicode site). I did ":sp ./" and gvim opened a netrw window on my current directory with no prob. And yet, I have a somewhat fancier installation than you do, what with a GNOME2 GUI, a few user scripts, a color scheme... But I have 1GB of live RAM and my CPU is an AMD running at 1.2 GHz (not that gvim uses it all, X and Firefox have the biggest memory allocations, and Firefox is also the most greedy of my CPU time). Also, I'm 76 bugfixes ahead of you. (Yours is 7.0.000.) Maybe you should apply the 76 patches published so far (at ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.0/ ) and see if the problem recurs? See at (ftp: or) http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.0/README what these patches are all about.