From: "A.J.Mechelynck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: The meaning of nothing... ?
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 22:58:28 +0200

> Yakov Lerner wrote:
> > On 9/29/06, Meino Christian Cramer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >>  to get all the keys of my keyboard working with vim I looked through
> >>  my ~/.vimrc and found a setting ("nottybuiltin"), which I do revert
> >>  and now a few addtional keys (<C-F1> for example) do work correctly.
> >>
> >>  So it seems, that the xterm256 definition, which I use, isn't
> >>  completly defined in my terminfo database.
> >>
> >>  Can I "dump" (or whatever the correct nameing is) the xterm256
> >>  settings vim is using internally in a form which I can use to
> >>  correct my (buggy?) terminfo database ?
> >
> > The closest form to what you ask is ':set terminfo '.
> > It does not dump terminal defs in terminfo format, no, but
> > it does show it in some format.
> >
> > Yakov
> >

> E518: Unknown option: terminfo
>
> I suppose you mean ":set termcap".
>

> Best regards,
> Tony.

Hi Tony, hi Yakov!

 I looked throught the term/terminfo/termcap/xterm/rxvt/* stuff and
 have more questions than answers now.

 Do you know a document or HowTo or something linke that which will
 give me more closer informations about the term* handling in linux
 and/or its terminal emulations ?

 For example: Is it generally impossible to switch the cusor's _shape_
 (not only its color!) from bar to block and back inside the console
 version (gvim started as vim but with --enable-gui compile) of vim
 with t_SI/t_EI ???

 Thank you very much for you help in advance!
 mcc