From: Smith Eric [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 9:32 AM
To: Anne Wall
Subject: RE: Cannot compile vim 7.0

A quick scan for "Xm.h" reveals that it is a Motif header file; you would
need to install any required Motif header files (i.e., the associated
development package), or alternatively compile the non GUI version (via the
appropriate switch).  This is "Compiling 101" type stuff, and you should
probably consult a "compilation from sources" tutorial before you continue.

Why do you need to recompile Vim?  Why not just use the appropriate
binaries?

On Redhat:

yum -y install vim

Provided of course yum has been set up :)

--Eric

BTW, Google is your friend: "google Xm.h".