Max Dyckhoff wrote:

Re-including the list.

I only have about 30 maps, and none of them start with <<.

The only thing that I can see which might be affecting anything are these two:

,,B :%s/\(^\t*\):/\1/e<cr>:let @/=""<cr>

Now ,, is the localleader for vo_base, the vimoutliner plugin. This is in a C
file, so it looks like the mappings have leaked over from a different buffer in
a different tab. I recently saved a session, quit and sourced that session;
perhaps something exploded then?

HAH. I just realised that the mapping in vo_base.vim ISN'T <buffer>. I shall make
them <buffer> and see if that fixes it :)

Still, why would << trigger ,,? And yes, I know that < is <shift>-, :)

Did you ever try

 :verbose map <<

and see what popped up?

Also, IMHO, plugins should not be setting the localleader; that's inherently a user's choice as to what s/he prefers.
In other words, the map should be

 map <LocalLeader>b ...
 map <LocalLeader>B ...

Regards,