From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 10:37 PM
To: Ananya M (RBIN/ECM1)
Cc: vim@vim.org
Subject: Re: Cygwin defaced Vim. Help.

"Ananya M (RBIN/ECM1)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 写于
2006-10-31
12:28:23:
> Hi,
> I am a very new to vim, and am absolutely smitten by it.
> I installed cygwin on my comp.
> Now gVim is showing up with '$' symbols at the end of every line,
and
> ugly '>-----' headless arrows at the start of every line.
> Also while in INSERT mode each press of the spacebar results in a $
> sign showing up at the cursor. Even my favorite "Crisp" font is not
> being used by vim despite of having an entry in _vimrc.
> I tried to tweak _vimrc but it didn’t help.
> Attached is copy of my _vimrc file. (text version, my fwall blocks
> unknown extensions!)

How did you get your gVim? in Windows there can be several versions:

1. Compiled in Cygwin by make -f Makefile, this could run in cygwin/X
2. Compiled in Cygwin by make -f Make_cyg.mak, this is Windows native
version compiled by cygwin 3. Compiled with VC by nmake -f
Make_mvc.mak, this is Windows native version compiled by vc

If you want gVim, I recommend a Windows native version in Windows, not
the cygwin/X version.

--
Sincerely, Pan, Shi Zhu. ext: 2606