I'm new to Vim. One of the things that is helping me learn it is using
it for my main text editor every day (I'm not a programmer by trade
although I do a little for fun). So I am using it for writing emails,
letters, blog posts, etc. more than for coding per se.

Anyway, one thing I'd like to be able to do is insert some boilerplate
text into a document - something like a standard signature. Is there
some way I can preload a buffer with this text when I run Vim? Can
this be done in the rc file? I'm sure there is a way (with Vim there
always seems to be) but I can't seem to find out how.