Hi,

On 11/9/06, Neil Gabriel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
All,

I am relatively new to vim and gvim and I am trying to install the
grep plugin.  So far, everything appears installed properly (i have
access to Grep, Rgrep, etc ... from within gvim).  Also, I am running
WinXP with Cygwin.  Reading through the plugin's install notes, i set
the following in my _vimrc file.

nnoremap <silent> <F3> :Grep<CR>

let Grep_Path = 'C:\tools\GnuWin32\bin\grep.exe'
let Egrep_Path = 'C:\tools\GnuWin32\bin\grep.exe'
let Grep_Xargs_Path = 'C:\tools\GnuWin32\bin\xargs.exe'
let Grep_Cygwin_Find = 1

Did you install the 'find' utility? Did you set the 'Grep_Find_Path'
variable to the location of the find utility? The find utility is
needed to do recursive searches.

- Yegappan

(I also downloaded and installed the GNU Win32 tools)

At this point, Grep seems to work.  I can issue the command, see the
results in the quickfix window and navigate accordingly.  Rgrep (much
more useful to me) does not seem to work.  No matter what symbol I'm
looking for or what my current working directory is, I never get a
single match.  I had the suspicion that it was a forward-slash vs.
backward-slash issue so i was optimistic when i found the
'Grep_Cygwin_Find' option, but that did not seem to work.  Any
suggestions out there?

Thanks