mbbill wrote:
[...]
Some minutes before,when I test the "bug" somewhere else, after I set "ignorecase" and "encoding" to utf-8
,nothing went wrong. The result of the expression " echo ("\xe4"=="\xe4") " was 1

Before that,I have deleted all temp files and config files then reinstalled the
VIM, and I did the same thing on my computer but the result was quite different.
[...]

Ah?
I'm using gvim 7.0.174 with GTK2/Gnome GUI on SuSE Linux Professional 9.3. My vimrc sets 'encoding' to UTF-8 (but that's usually not necessary, I'm apparently on a UTF-8 locale) and 'ignorecase' to TRUE.