Tom Purl wrote:
I looked into the anti-spam features of Wikibooks, and they basically do
the basics: blacklists for abusers and easy rollbacks.  So the top 2% of
spammers/vandalizers will be blocked, and it will be easy for the admins
to roll back the problems created by the outher 98%.

Wikibooks sounds good.

I wonder if it would be worth looking for a volunteer to occasionally take
a snapshot of the wiki as an emergency backup. Presumably wget or
similar would be adequate, or maybe there is an easy way to get the
mediawiki source.

Such a backup might be useful in a few weeks, and then perhaps monthly.

John