cga2000 wrote:
On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 11:50:12PM EST, A.J.Mechelynck wrote:

[..]

"more" shows the colors with no problem. In general, I use:
- less
- when there is a long listing which I want to be able to scroll back and forth, or to search with a / command - not when there are interspersed ANSI-like escape sequences as in "ls --color".

[OT]
You could try "less -R".

Works for me, although a quick look at the man page suggests this might
not work under all circumstances: ".. tries to keep track .."
In any case I have aliased "b" as in "browse" to "less -R -M" and never
had a problem.

Thanks,
cga

Hey, nice! I'm going to alias "less" with "/usr/bin/less -R" in my bash startup scripts.

Megaton Man:    "LOOK at them!  Helpless, tender creatures, relying on
                ME, waiting for ME to make my move!"

(from below):   "Move your ASS, Fat-head!"

Megaton Man:    "It is a MANDATE, and I am DUTY BOUND to OBEY!"