This happened to me always by mistake and what happened today was the
worst. Forgetting that I have copied large amount of text into the
clipboard, I tried to paste it at the search prompt using ^R* and this
caused Vim to hang for a very long time and pressing ^C had no effect.
I remember that Vim used to crash when a large amount of text is pasted
this way, but I think that problem is now fixed, though I think a better
behavior is needed, e.g.,
- Stop and give error after reaching some limit
- Detect ^C and stop.

Any comments?

--
Thanks,
Hari

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html