Hi,

 I am trying to automate this:

 There is a file, which contains one path/filename at each line.
 Lines with equal files (contents wise) are grouped together.  Groups
 are separated by "# ---' (or whatever you want).

 To sort the lines of one group only I want to put the group into a
 visual block (correcht naming?) as part of a macro.

 First step of the macro will be the search for a certain directory.
 Next will be the creation of the visual block.  Since I dont know,
 whether the line containing the searched directory cames first in the
 group or last or wherever, and how large the group is, I cannot do
 things like "mark next 3 lines" or so.

 Now I am looking for the command doing "mark this group visually".

 How can I acchieve this?

 Another question is: If I have created a useful macro -- is there
 a way to store this macro in .vimrc (or wherever) so that it does
 not get lost ?

 Thank you very much in advance for any help ! :)

 Keep editing!
 mcc