Hi,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:

>  I am trying to automate this:
>
>  There is a file, which contains one path/filename at each line.
>  Lines with equal files (contents wise) are grouped together.  Groups
>  are separated by "# ---' (or whatever you want).
>
>  To sort the lines of one group only I want to put the group into a
>  visual block (correcht naming?) as part of a macro.

you don't need a visual block here. Say you have the following file

  # ---
  3.txt
  2.txt
  1.txt
  # ---
  6.txt
  5.txt
  4.txt
  # ---
  9.txt
  7.txt
  8.txt
  # ---

Then

will sort it by file names inside your "groups". This command will emit
an error message "E16: Invalid range" for the last marker, which you
can safely ignore.

Regards,
Jürgen

in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.     (Calvin)