OnionKnight <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 写于 2007-04-13 08:22:06:
> I've been thinking of migrating to using vim (gvim) but I'm running into
lots
> of difficulties on the road I just can't solve, and the documentation
is...
> well, strange at best.
It seems that Vim had a longer learning curve than other editors (the only
exception is emacs, which has takes more than a life time to learn...).

So, when you've got used to it, you'll no longer found it strange, and it
will be powerful for you.

> * At the beginning of an indented line, why does normal mode put the
cursor
> at the end of the first tab whereas insert mode is position at the
beginning
> of the line like I think it should? It's annoying to move around in code
> like that.
The answer is probably: "VI" do it in that way, and vim need to be
compatible with VI.

> * Is it possible to enter insert mode for files that aren't modifiable?
> Obviously any changes can't be saved but the buffer shouldn't be any
> problems to modify.
Sure, this is the default behavior. If yours are not, maybe you've been
affected by system-wide startup scripts. try :set modifiable

> * I wanted the Home-button to act so that it first jumps to the first
> non-whitespace character of the current line (i.e. skip the indentation)
and
> the beginning of the horizontal scroll. A problem, but it doesn't explain
> why the code is acting crazy.
inside a script you're in "command-mode", and the command "w" you've meant
to should be in "normal-mode", the correct way might be :normal w, :normal
g0w, etc...

> * In gvim, is it possible to have a drag-and-drop action open the dragged
> file into a new tab instead of a new buffer? Using the menu is just
tedious,
> and you can't select multiple files either.
I don't use the mouse too often. I can use the vim buit-in file explorer
and open files inside vim, which have no interaction with the menu at all.
Remember: most vim features are invoked by command, not the menu.

> * I want to check a string if it begins with something but I have no clue
> why. I was thinking of a regexp but the only way to use matching regexps
is
> for highlights and substition regexps seems to operate on the whole file
or
> a selection and no way to use them on strings.
What do you meant by "string"?, if you think a string should begin with
quotation mark, then begin your search regexp with the quotation mark.

--
Sincerely, Pan, Shi Zhu. ext: 2606