>inside a script you're in "command-mode", and the command "w" you've meant
>to should be in "normal-mode", the correct way might be :normal w, :normal
>g0w, etc...
Couldn't find anything about command-mode. How is it different from normal
mode? Is each line treated as one command? Like g0w is treated as "g0w"
instead of "g0" and "w"?

>What do you meant by "string"?, if you think a string should begin with
>quotation mark, then begin your search regexp with the quotation mark.
Not in the document, a string in the vimrc.
What I'm trying do to is that if I press F5, which is my "run" button, and
the file is located in my htdocs folder then it will be opened with my
browser pointing at the file as seen by the server.
elseif expand("%:p:h") == "C:\\Program Files\\Apache\\htdocs"
        execute "!\"C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe\"
http://localhost/"; . expand("%")
It looks sorta like that right now. I want to check if the left side of the
== operator begins with the right side. In Perl or Ruby it would be done as
elseif expand("%:p:h") =~ /^C:\\Program Files\\Apache\\htdocs/