Sorry it took me so long to respond to this Sebastian.

On Thu, May 10, 2007 11:57 am, Sebastian Menge wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 10.05.2007, 10:44 -0500 schrieb Tom Purl:

> The proposal was not about the layout directly but about separating
> formatting from content! So feel free to change the formatting of the
> Template, but with this approach noone has ever to edit the tips
> directly to change the design ...
>
> Please dont mix content and markup at import time!

Ohhh..., ok.  Sorry for being so dense about this in the past.  So your
proposal is that we use Mediawiki template to do the actual formatting,
and put the actual content into some sort of macro/function.

>From a conversion and sysadmin point of view, this is a great idea in my
opinion.  The problem is that it adds another barrier to entry for
potential tip authors in my opinion.  We are assuming that the tip
authors have or are willing to gain an intermediate knowledge of
Mediawiki authoring, just so they can post a tip.

In my opinion, this is probably a bad idea.  This will keep people from
posting tips, and will make it more difficult to edit tips.  I'd love to
hear other opinions of course.

> Lets just go ahead on the Wikia.

I think it's a great option, and am anxious to see which wiki works best
for us.

Thanks again!

Tom Purl