Franco Saliola wrote:
Is there a way to embed vim into my browser (or any other application
for that matter)?

I hate typing in the html text boxes and would much prefer to use vim
to edit my email.

Or are there any suggestions on reading/writing email using Gmail and Vim?

I'll create a tip if I figure out a good method.

Thank you,
Franco

--

It all depends on your browser (or other application for that matter). Some browsers (or other applications) support defining an external editor, either natively as (IIRC) kde applications do, or by means of an extensions (as seveal other posts mention doing for Firefox). Other browsers (such as IE IIRC) simply don't support any external editor.

... The Anarchists' [national] anthem is an international anthem that
consists of 365 raspberries blown in very quick succession to the tune
of "Camptown Races".  Nobody has to stand up for it, nobody has to
listen to it, and, even better, nobody has to play it.
                -- Mike Harding, "The Armchair Anarchist's Almanac"