On 5/17/07, John Beckett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Martin Krischik wrote:
> Well, on most Wikibooks comments are seldom cleaned up.
> They are just left to rot. And since there are not on
> the main page it does not matter.

I see what you mean. If that were to happen with the Vim wiki
then it would be really ugly (i.e. if junk comments were left
indefinitely on the main tip page).

Let's agree that in November (say), we could have a clean up.
Someone could post a message to vim@vim.org with a list of
tips that contain extraneous comments. Give everyone 14 days
notice that the listed tips will be deleted if no one cares
enough about them to clean up the comments.

This suggestion is not for difficult cases where the tip is
worthwhile, but for various reasons it's hard to integrate
the comments. However, even in those cases, if we care enough
we should edit the comments for spelling and accuracy, and
should delete unhelpful comments.

John

That sounds reasonable to me.

-fREW