"A.J.Mechelynck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 写于 2007-05-19 15:42:15:
> This is true, but rather than an empty vimrc I suggest the following:
>
> runtime vimrc_example.vim
> " if and when we want to further customize Vim, we'll add more lines
below
> Best regards,
> Tony.
> --

I always recommend include the contents of vimrc_example.vim instead of
just source the file by :runtime.

By including the contents of vimrc_example.vim we know all it has done and
we can change it anyway. i.e. chang the .vimrc is a good way, changing the
$VIMRUNTIME/vimrc_example.vim is NOT a good pratice. (vimrc_example fits
the need of the author but it definetely do not fit everyone, so I suggest
most users to change it and create their own .vimrc.)

The second reason: vimrc_example.vim comes from the distribution and it may
change, when it change it may silently break our existing scripts or
configurations. include the contents into our .vimrc minimize the
incompatible changes.

So the better practise to create a new .vimrc may be: just copy the
vimrc_example.vim to ~/.vimrc
--
Sincerely, Pan, Shi Zhu. ext: 2606