>I just updated to feisty on a samba server machine and a lot of the
>vim defaults went crazy.  For example:  Pressing the Up or Down keys
>in insert mode add new lines with just A or B on them, respectively.

Sounds like it stopped recognising arrow keys' ANSI sequences ("<esc>[A"
and "<esc>[B").  Wouldda thought the <esc> would break out of insert
mode, but...

>That I can live with, but check this out, if I have the following
>sentence:
>fREW is a silly guy
>and my cursor is on the s, and I press cw, it changes to
>fREW is a sill$ guy
>and it works just like I had pressed cw and it replaces up the the $
>or if I press escape it only has the new text I put in, but it's just
>so weird!  Does anyone know where these new changes in Feisty come

Uhh, sounds like what it's supposta do, no?  ??

Is there a problem with actually changing the text, or just what's
displayed?  Dunno the setting offhand, but a slow-redraw will mark to
the end of the text to be replaced, eg, if you were to change to the end
of the line, you'd still see the whole line, but with a '$' where the
last character would be, vs erasing all the text and just leaving the
insert-cursor in its place.  I find the latter disquieting, and would
rather *see* what I'm replacing, but never really paid too much
attention to which settings do what.  I'm complacent that way...  :D