On 2007-06-04, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Kamaraju Kusumanchi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ???? 2007-06-04 11:56:39:
> > Hi
> >
> >     I installed vim 7.1 via cygwin on Windows XP machine. However,
> > when I run vim on the bash shell of cygwin, I am getting the following
> error.
> >
> > E558: Terminal entry not found in terminfo
> > 'cygwin' not known. Available builtin terminals are:
>
> Generally, this will occur if you download vim source from vim "official"
> site and compile under cygwin by yourself.
>
> Use the version comes from cygwin will solve the problem. you can use the
> pre-compiled binary included in cygwin, or use the source package in
> cygwin.

If that's really the problem, all you have to do is install the
libncurses-devel package before running 'configure'.  You certainly
can use the Cygwin source package, but it's not necessary.

HTH,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                 | Agilent Technologies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]     | Mobile Broadband Division