Bram Moolenaar wrote:

> Patch 7.1.068
> Problem:    When 'equalalways' is set and splitting a window, it's possible
>           that another small window gets bigger.
> Solution:   Only equalize window sizes when after a split the windows are
>           smaller than another window. (Martin Toft)
> Files:            runtime/doc/options.txt, runtime/doc/windows.txt,
> src/window.c
[...]

I guess there's something I don't understand.

Let's say 'equalalways' is set and I've used Ctrl-W _ to temporarily make the
current window full-size, squashing all windows above and below it to
'winminheight' (which I have set to zero in my vimrc).

If I create or delete a window (e.g. with ":split") I would expect
'equalalways' to come into play, and redraw all windows to the same size
(growing small windows and shrinking the current big one and its new child).

This is in accord with how I understand the current (2007 Jul 11) help for
'equalalways'.

What is wrong in my way of thinking?

Best regards,
Tony.
--
It is illegal for anyone to give lighted cigars to dogs, cats, and other
domesticated animal kept as pets.