ap wrote:

> On Sep 17, 12:30 pm, Tony Mechelynck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
>> - name (with omitted scope) defaults to l:name if in a function, otherwise to
>>   g:name
>
> I don't want to count hairs, but , well I do it anyway :
>
> - name (with omitted scope) defaults to l:name if in a function and
> the name does
>  not equal 'count'  , in which case it defaults to v:name .
>
> -ap

If you want to split hairs, so shall I:

name (with omitted scope) defaults to l:name when used in a function, to
g:name otherwise, except if "name" is one of "count", "this_session", and
"version", in which case it defaults to v:name regardless of whether it is
used in a function or not.

Best regards,
Tony.
4. Your eyeglasses have a web site burned in on them.