On 26/10/2007, Tyson Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Now that I've given you something of value, why in gods name would you
> want to?  BSD/Allman Style is so much more legible for most code than
> K&R/Kernel Style.
>
> I don't want this to become a brace war argument, but why is K&R preferable?

Personally, I prefer it because:

 1) it saves one line, increasing screen real estate usage
 2) it aligns the closing bracket with the actual statement and has no
intervening
    lines on the same indent level
 3) it looks better
 4) it conforms to perlstyle point 2

I am sure your reasons make perfect sense to you, same as mine do to me.
Bram likes tabs with a width of 8, I like my tabs to be 4 chars wide (though
proper handling of indentation and formatting solves that problem nicely).
To quote perlstyle:
'Larry has his reasons for each of these things, but he doesn't claim that
everyone else's mind works the same as his does.'

Richard