Ben Schmidt wrote:

> > 3.  Don't know about v:operator (works for me), the showcmd option
> > means it could also be v:command or v:operatorcommand (since there is
> > a v:swapcommand).
>
> Try the attached patch which is against recent-ish svn. I think it
> will apply cleanly enough to any similar vintage code. I used
> v:operator. There's only one place it needs to be changed if a
> different name is preferred.

I'm not quite convinced adding v:operator is useful.  What would help is
giving a couple of examples how it's used.  Also, in the docs for
v:operator it would be good to have a few examples of the values.  I
suppose it can be one char, like "d", but also something longer.  How
about the count, e.g., when I do "4d"?

60. As your car crashes through the guardrail on a mountain road, your first
    instinct is to search for the "back" button.