On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:46:46 +0100, Milan Vancura <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > - add flexible tab stops, can be used for tables
>
> Bram, do you mean Matthew Winn's patch? It would be super! I hope that as it
> works, the amount of work to push it to production state will be small and
> this
> feature will be be included in vim even without any extra votes ;-)

It's slightly buggy at the moment, in that it doesn't correctly update
the global values. I need to bring my Linux machine up and have a look
at it.

Also, it uses the same tabstops over an entire file. An extended idea
is to find some way of specifying different tab widths at different
parts of the same file, but that means a heap of empty cans and worms
all over the place.

--
Matthew Winn