Adri Verhoef wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 20:40:45 +0100, Richard Hartmann wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 8:10 PM, Bram Moolenaar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>>>  + getpid()      Return a Number which is the process ID of the Vim process.
>>>  +               On Unix this is a unique number.  On MS-DOS it's always
>>> zero.
>> At least on Linux, it's not a unique number.
>
> You mean that it is not the process ID of the Vim process?
>
> Adri

No, what he meeans is: after a process exits, its PID may (usually not
immediately) be reused for another process, started after the first one has
exited. OTOH, on Linux the PID is unique in the sense that no two simultaneous
processes can have the same PID.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
"If you ever want to get anywhere in politics, my boy, you're going to
have to get a toehold in the public eye."