Hi Vimmers,

During the development of the new regexp, one thing confuses me a lot:
ordered alternation. (e.g. given r.e. 'ab\|abc' and text 'abc', 'ab'
matched, not 'abc')

I know that 100% compatibility is one of the project goals. So I try
to keep this feature
in the new regexp. But the problem is, ordered alternation is kind of
'side effect'
of the original back track regexp matcher. AFAIK, It is very hard to
implement this
feature in the new, truly NFA matcher, if it is not impossible. We can resort
to the original regexp when we see '\|',  but we don't solve the
problem perfectly.

So does anyone really need this feature to be kept? If so, please do tell me.
For me, the removal of this 'feature' won't break anything.

Thanks,
Xiaozhou