On 22/12/08 20:26, Markus Heidelberg wrote:
> Richard Hartmann, 22.12.2008:
>> PS: There is a bug on http://repo.or.cz/w/vim_extended.git
>>
>> edit and build as usual
>> vim; make; make install
>> :s_vim_./configure_
>
> The 'vim' command belongs to 'edit' from above. I usually never call
> configure directly, make calls it automatically. The 'make' is a
> placeholder for several different methods of building Vim:
>    make
>    ./configure&&  make
>    make -f Make_bc5.mk

Even on Linux, I don't call configure directly. The first time make is
run on a new version (or a new shadow directory), it will call
configure; if I have upgraded the software Vim uses (for instance after
installing a new version of my Linux distro), or if I have changed my
configuration options, I run "make reconfig". "make config" can also be
used to configure and not compile. And make picks my configure options
from the environment: see
http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/compunix.htm

Best regards,
Tony.