From: Dominique Pellé [mailto:dominique.pe...@gmail.com]

> Thinking about it further, this second attached patch
> also fixes the fold column redraw bug with less redraws
> than patch in previous email.

> However, unlike previous patch, it does not fix the
> redraw glitches with moving commands )  ]] CTRL-F  (etc)
> so they require specific fixes.

I think this patch is the right way to go about it, as we shouldn't
be redrawing unnecessarily (esp since Vim is often run over remote connections.)

That does mean that explicit fixes need to be added for a number of movement
commands, but I'd rather sort them out as they are discovered.

Dominque, you so far have a list of these movement commands needing treatment:

 )
 ]]
 <PageUp>
 <PageDown>
 CTRL-F
 CTRL-B
 CTRL-U
 CTRL-E  (when cursor is on the top line, causing scrolling)
 CTRL-Y  (when cursor is on the bottom line, causing scrolling)
 CTRL-O
 CTRL-I
 [count]go
 [count]g;

 :[range]
 :go [count]

..have you found any others since? It would be good if I could try to sort them
all
out "in one go"

Vince