Dominique Pellé wrote:

> Vince Negri wrote:
>
> > From: Dominique Pellé [mailto:dominique.pe...@gmail.com]
> >
> >> Thinking about it further, this second attached patch
> >> also fixes the fold column redraw bug with less redraws
> >> than patch in previous email.
> >
> >> However, unlike previous patch, it does not fix the
> >> redraw glitches with moving commands )  ]] CTRL-F  (etc)
> >> so they require specific fixes.
> >
> > I think this patch is the right way to go about it, as we shouldn't
> > be redrawing unnecessarily (esp since Vim is often run over remote
> > connections.)
> >
> > That does mean that explicit fixes need to be added for a number of movement
> > commands, but I'd rather sort them out as they are discovered.
> >
> > Dominque, you so far have a list of these movement commands needing
> > treatment:
> >
> >  )
> >  ]]
> >  <PageUp>
> >  <PageDown>
> >  CTRL-F
> >  CTRL-B
> >  CTRL-U
> >  CTRL-E  (when cursor is on the top line, causing scrolling)
> >  CTRL-Y  (when cursor is on the bottom line, causing scrolling)
> >  CTRL-O
> >  CTRL-I
> >  [count]go
> >  [count]g;
> >
> >  :[range]
> >  :go [count]
> >

> > ..have you found any others since? It would be good if I could try to sort
> > them all
> > out "in one go"
>
> Searching further, I find several other motion commands which
> do not unconceal the current line and conceal the old line:
>
>   gd
>   gD
>   [*
>   [#
>
> Undo commands:
>   g-
>   g+
>   CTRL-R
>   :earlier
>   :later
>   :undo
>   :redo
>
> ctag and cscope commands:
>   g]
>   CTRL-]
>   :ts
>   :tj
>   :pop
>   :[count]tag
>   :cs find ...
>
> (CTRL-L to redraw works around it in all cases).

I think it's time to look into a more generic solution.  Can we store
the old line number in the main loop, and only update there?
Search for last_cursormoved, that should give some hints.
Note that updates won't happen on typeahead.  Is that good or not?

209. Your house stinks because you haven't cleaned it in a week.