On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 8:30 AM, Chris Sutcliffe <ir0nh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just updated to 2346:9228765d3e13 and with Cygwin at least, the
> runtime files are located in /usr/local/share/vim/vim73a whereas vim
> expects them to be located in /usr/local/share/vim.  Is this by
> design?  Looking at the Makefile, VIMRTDIR is defined as
> /vim$(VIMMAJOR)$(VIMMINOR), so are the runtime files now version
> specific?

Two changesets previous to the one you are at, Vim's version was
changed from 7.3a to 7.3b.  Because of that, Vim now expects the
runtime files to be in /usr/local/share/vim/vim73b but since that
directory doesn't exist for you, Vim fell back to using $VIM
(/usr/local/share/vim) for $VIMRUNTIME.On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 8:30
AM, Chris Sutcliffe <ir0nh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just updated to 2346:9228765d3e13 and with Cygwin at least, the
> runtime files are located in /usr/local/share/vim/vim73a whereas vim
> expects them to be located in /usr/local/share/vim.  Is this by
> design?  Looking at the Makefile, VIMRTDIR is defined as
> /vim$(VIMMAJOR)$(VIMMINOR), so are the runtime files now version
> specific?

Two changesets previous to the one you are at, Vim's version was changed
from 7.3a to 7.3b.  Because of that, Vim now expects the runtime files
to be in /usr/local/share/vim/vim73b but since that directory doesn't
exist for you, Vim fell back to using $VIM (/usr/local/share/vim) for
$VIMRUNTIME.

You'll want to do a "make install" again to install to the proper
directories.

--
James
GPG Key: 1024D/61326D40 2003-09-02 James Vega <james...@jamessan.com>