----- Message transféré ----
De : Dimitar DIMITROV <mitk...@yahoo.fr>
À : Bram Moolenaar <b...@moolenaar.net>
Envoyé le : Mar 27 juillet 2010, 13h 32min 56s
Objet : Re : Minor problems...

Dimitar Dimitrov wrote:

> I wrote:
>
> > Dimitar Dimitrov wrote:
> >
> > > I always have 'cursorline' set.
> > >
> > > Try this: :h'exrc
> > >
> > > Setting the cursor on this line...:
> > >
> > >        setting the 'secure' option (see initialization).  Using a local
> > >
> > > ...makes it move right. Same thing if you turn off cursorline but
> > > position your cursor on the left parens...
> > >
> > > I think this is related to the new conceal feature and the vertical bars
> > > appearing (|)
> >
> > The concealing is not done when there is something  highlighted in the
> > line.  I'm not sure if this is required.  Perhaps it would be
> > highlighting the wrong position otherwise.  But for 'cursorline' this
> > doesn't matter.
> >
> > Vince?
>
> Looking at this again, I think it's bad that the cursor is at the wrong
> position.  E.g. a search lands in the wrong place.  Even when
> 'modifiable' is off a user would still want to copy text, and we don't
> want to copy something else than what's displayed.
>
> The highlighting does not appear to be a problem.  Perhaps I didn't try
> the right kind?
>
> I pushed a new version that does it this way, please check for how it
> works now.

I tried with Vim 7.3b and the problem is gone when cursorline is on but I still
find it strange that vertical bars and stars would appear when highlighting the
text. It  may be relevant for other filetypes but I don't think it is for help
files.

Here is what I get when copying:

 1.txt|  About the manuals