On 2010年07月22日 00:03, Matt Wozniski wrote:
Please bottom post on this list... I'm reformatting...

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 6:05 AM, mikeyao<yaoweiz...@gmail.com>  wrote:
On Jul 21, 5:38 pm, Bram Moolenaar<b...@moolenaar.net>  wrote:
Mikeyao (?) wrote:
Why not javascript interface ?

The code has developed.

I haven't actually heard from someone using it.

Also, I have no idea why someone would want to write plugins in
Javascript.  Perhaps because it's the only language someone knows?

Vim support many languages interface and I just found new lua
interface added in 7.3. I think most programmers know javascript and
like it, it's going to mainstream.
Many web developers using vim, they know javascript well.

I haven't tried the JS interface patch, but I definitely would like to
see a javascript interface.  I don't know Lua, TCL or Ruby (though I
intend to learn the latter one day), I don't like to use Perl or
Python for anything more than a few dozen lines, and I hate Scheme
almost as much as Lisp.  Javascript is a powerful, easy to learn,
multi-paradigm language that was designed for embedding, so I think
it's a perfect fit for a Vim interface - and I personally would be
more likely to use it than any of the other interfaces.

if_v8 is a bit different from other if_*.  It is not written as patch
for mainline.

My main goal of if_v8 plugin is to create a pluggable extension and to
find what is required and what is good way for it.

--
Yukihiro Nakadaira - yukihiro.nakada...@gmail.com