Mikeyao wrote:

> Vim support many languages interface and I just found new lua
> interface added in 7.3. I think most programmers know javascript and
> like it, it's going to mainstream.
> Many web developers using vim, they know javascript well.

The reason people write Javascript is because it's the only choice for
making applications run in a browser.  Otherwise it's not a very good
language.  I can't think of any good reason to write Vim plugins in
Javascript instead of a decent language, such as Python.

--
The Law of VIM:
For each member b of the possible behaviour space B of program P, there exists