Lech Lorens wrote:
Recently I've also been having lots of problems with pasting into/from
Vim. So far I haven't figured out what it is that makes pasting
sometimes fail, but it happens to me frequently. If I am not mistaken,
if an instance of Vim is having problems with pasting, it doesn't get
better; the only solution is to close Vim and start a new instance.

Are you referring to a specific platform or GUI version of Vim? Because I've been getting annoyed with GVim 7.3 on GTK (Linux) apparently losing my paste buffer. One complication in my setup is that I'm running VirtualBox with clipboard integration enabled and while this is a great feature when it works, it also seems to eat my paste buffer once in a while...

 - Peter Odding