Lech Lorens wrote:
OK, so for me pasting into Gvim is broken by the changeset which has the
message "Fixes for time in clipboard request.  Also fix ownership.
(David Fries)".
(Sorry for no changeset ID - I'm using a git clone of the Vim Mercurial
repo, which gives me different commit IDs).

What might be worth mentioning is even once using the primary selection
becomes broken, it is still possible to read the clipboard. However,
reading the clipboard takes awfully long - I tried pasting 3 lines, 100
bytes of text into Gvim and it took about 3 seconds to complete.

Sorry if I'm further confusing this issue by interleaving what look like (more or less) unrelated bug reports, but in case anyone's working on this I thought I'd report my latest findings:

Today I had a lot of problems copying text from OpenOffice to Vim 7.3. Every paste inside Vim takes a long time (up to five seconds for just two or three words, i.e. +/- 10 bytes :-S) like Vim is waiting for OpenOffice to respond within a certain timeout. During this time Vim's status line shows "call paste#Paste()". Once the `timeouts' start happening in a Vim instance, pasting will sometimes fail to paste anything copied from the other application (though the paste still blocks Vim for a while which is extra frustrating).

 - Peter Odding